Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Random Updates

Well, I'm sitting here realizing that out of the few posts I've done this year, most of them have had a very serious note to them. So I decided to do something a little more lighthearted to end May. Here's a brief summary of my life lately to keep you updated.


  Life
I've been busy, but who isn't this time of year? A few weeks back I took the SAT. My family just completed making a twenty-five minute film of our highest production quality so far, but it took a tremendous amount of time. I haven't been reading much, but I've been writing a little bit more lately. The event I went to with intentions of evangelizing was quite an experience. It made me more aware of how lost so many people are without Christ. These next couple weeks promise to be filled with lots of school and attendance of multiple graduation events for friends. I'm eagerly looking forward to the beginning of July bringing my first camp of the summer. This is one I'll be counseling at for my third year in a row.

Music
I've been listening to more music these last few months than I usually do, and I've been enjoying multiple Christian artists. The newest songs I've been introduced to is Josh Wilson's "Dream Small" and Riley Clemmon's "Better for It."

 Jokes
One of the things I've been doing lately when I'm feeling down is looking up Christian jokes.
Q1: What kind of man was Boaz before he married Ruth?
Q2: Who was the first tennis player in the Bible?
(answers at the end of the post)

Blog
I've been enjoying writing my "Defending the Faith" series, as it is a topic close to my heart and I'm grateful to have an audience to share it with. As for posts I'm planning, I suppose you'll just have to wait and see!

Pictures
I haven't been taking too many pictures lately, but I thought the image of the flower I used for the title picture came out pretty well.

What sorts of things have you been up to lately? Any good songs or jokes you've heard?

A1: Ruthless.
A2: Joseph, because he served in Pharoah's court.

10 comments:

  1. Great random post! :D Loved the Ruth joke!
    -Brooklyne

    bensshowersofblessings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, that's one of my favorite jokes I've found so far. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree great random post! Sounds as if you've had a busy year thanks for thinking of us by still posting even though your busy. Cant wait to see what you've got in the works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sticking around through all my busyness!

      Delete
  3. Haha! Those jokes cracked me up. xD Sounds like your life is pretty full right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Bethany! I love you and you provide such thought provoking blogs. You are wise beyond your years - Congratulations! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so blessed to hear you say that! Thanks! <3

      Delete
  5. I love the song Dream Small!!!
    Great post <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it??!! So good. Thanks! Great to hear from you! <3

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog! I really appreciate feedback—your thoughts are what keep me blogging! I always reply to comments, so be sure to check back!

Please be considerate of others and please keep all comments God-honoring. Your comment will be visible after I approve it. Thank you!

Blessings,
Bethany R.