Friday, February 19, 2016

Favorite Books

Awhile back I was tagged to answer a few questions about my favorite books/series/authors, etc. I'd love to hear your answers to these questions too! Enjoy!
 
What are your top two favorite books?
Makilien Trilogy
I don't think that I could pick—honestly. But if I had to choose some of my favorites would be The Pirate Daughter's Promise, Every Tear, Truth, Courage, and Trust, all by Molly Evangeline. Also Heartbreak Trail, by Susan Marlow and a not-yet-published book by a friend. (You know who you are :D)


What are your top two favorite series?
Probably the Makilien Trilogy by Molly Evangeline and the Circle C books by Susan K. Marlow. However, there are many, many series that rank high on my list of favorites. They would include the whole Black Stallion and Island Stallion series by Walter Farley and the Pirates and Faith series by Molly Evangeline. I also really like the Golden Filly series by Lauraine Snelling. The Chronicles of Narnia are also high on my list with the Left Behind series.

Who is your favorite fictional character?
Pirates and Faith Series
Other than Amber or Maddie, the main characters in two of my own stories, it would have to be either Andrea Carter from the Circle C series mentioned above, or Makilien from the Makilien Trilogy also mentioned above.

If any one of your favorite books could be made into a movie which one would you want it to be?
I would personally love to direct a movie of the Makilien Trilogy myself (then I would be certain that it would be made right!) The others that I would really like to see would be good movies of each of the books in the Chronicles of Narnia.

What is your favorite genre to read?
I don't have any one particular favorites. I like reading contemporary, mystery, somewhat fantasy (to the extent of The Lord of the Rings). Mostly, I love adventure and if I can find that in a historical fiction novel, a well-written biography in novel form, or anywhere else, I'll read it!

Do you have a favorite author?
This is a DANGEROUS question to ask a book lover. Very, very dangerous. So, the answer is no. I do not have A favorite author. I have many. So, now you get my list . . . hang on tight and don't fall asleep on me!
  1. I have to start with my Grandpa, Randall Reinstedt. He writes fascinating California history books. And no, I am not just being partial. I really do enjoy what he writes!
  2. I enjoy anything by Jerry B. Jenkins
  3. A new author that I discovered and LOVE is Molly Evangeline, aka. Jaye L. Knight
  4. Lauraine Snelling
  5. Susan K. Marlow
  6. Walter Farley
  7. Jesseca Dawn
  8. Rebekah Eddy
  9. Dandi Daley Mackall
  10. Wendy Lawton
So there you are with some of my all time favorite authors! Of course, I could go on to list many, many more but that would make this post way too long. Thanks for hanging with me!

Is there a book that you can hardly wait for it to come out?
Well, for starters, The Silent Blade, and A Question of Honor, by Jesseca Dawn. Also, the fourth book in the Circle C Milestones series by Susan K. Marlow. I am also eager for the third book in the Ilyon Chronicles series by Jaye L. Knight.
 
What was one of your favorite childhood books?
The many books written by Bill Peet. They are fun childrens' stories mostly about animals. Another book that was special to my mom and me was "The Kissing Hand."

What was one of you favorite books when you were late elementary to middle school age?
I really like/liked the High Hurdles series by Lauraine Snelling. I read the entire 10 book series twice! I also like/liked the Trixie Belden series, Red Rock Mysteries, and the Wormling series in addition to the Winnie the Horse Gentler series.

What is your favorite book of the Bible?
I really like 1 and 2 Timothy because it is a reminder to me that even young people can do great things for God!

Thanks for reading, Everyone! I hope that you have a great rest of the week! I'd love to hear your answers to these questions. Do you enjoy reading any of the above authors/books/series mentioned? If you haven't heard of some of these authors, I highly recommend them. God bless you!

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers, Bethany! :)
    I have also read the Circle C books. They are SO good!! : )
    I've read a few of the picture books by Bill Peet too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! It's fun to see what you've read and enjoyed too!

      Delete
  2. It was fun to read this post, Bethany!! :) I want to read more by Molly Evangeline/Jaye Knight, starting with the rest of the Pirates and Faith series. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be happy to know that I just finished A Captain's Heart. (I read it in one day!) You will definitely enjoy the rest of the series!

      Delete
  3. I've just started Molly Evagaline's books and I've really enjoyed them! I REALLY need to read the Ilyon Chronicles!
    Awww, thank you so much for mentioning my books as some you couldn't wait to come out! And saying that I was one of your favorite authors. That made me feel so happy! ^_^ But I shall go ahead and warn you right now; "A Question of Honor" won't be ready for quite a while!
    I need to read some books by Wendy Lawton. All her books look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I can't wait for it to come out! I can't wait to read it. Yes, I enjoy the books by Wendy Lawton, especially her Daughters of the Faith series.

      And Molly Evangeline, well, you already know my thoughts on her! Do you plan on reading the Makilien Trilogy?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your favorite books! I haven't heard of some of them, like the Makilien Trilogy, but I love discovering new books to read :). I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I also really enjoy finding new books. I bet that you will like the Makilien Trilogy. They are SOOO good! Let me know if you read them! What are some of your favorite books? Any recommendations?

      Delete

Thanks for reading and commenting on my blog! I really appreciate feedback—your thoughts are what keep me blogging! I always reply to comments, so be sure to check back!

Please be considerate of others and please keep all comments God-honoring. Your comment will be visible after I approve it. Thank you!

Blessings,
Bethany R.