I should start by letting you know that I was able to read eleven books in February for a total of 2,010 pages. In addition to the books mentioned below, I also read part of Silas Marner, by George Eliot and finished reading The Mark, by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye.
- Daughters of the Faith Series: Shadow of His Hand, Wendy Lawton (148 pages)
- What About Cimmaron?, Lauraine Snelling (84 pages)
- Sierra Jensen Series: In Your Dreams, Robin Jones Gunn (140 pages)
- Forbidden Doors: The Guardian, Bill Myers (170 pages)
- Red Rock Mysteries: Windy City Danger, Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry (234 pages)
- Adventures of the Northwoods: The Disappearing Stranger, Lois W. Johnson (142 pages)
- The Black Stallion: The Blood Bay Colt, Walter Farley (307 pages)
- The Island Stallion: The Island Stallion's Fury, Walter Farley (190 pages)
- Pirates and Faith: A Captain's Heart, Molly Evangeline (365 pages)
- Golden Filly: The Race, Lauraine Snelling (123 pages)
- Golden Filly: Eagles Wings, Lauraine Snelling (107 pages)
Also on that Sunday of the seventh, two missionaries from Malawi that my parents have known for years came to speak at our church. It was so amazing to listen to their stories and see God's hand! After church we were blessed to have them come to our house for lunch. (Privilege of pastor's family. :D)
The following Friday and Saturday were very busy for my sister and me who got to spend the night at a dear friend's house. Saturday we then ended up going to three other people's homes! Yes, very busy but fun!
The next Thursday my Grandma came to stay with my sister and me while our parents took the middle schoolers from the youth group to Hume Lake. We had so much fun with our grandma here! It is always so special to spend time with beloved family! Mom and Dad returned on Sunday evening.
Then, on Friday, we went to visit our grandparents for an overnight. I took a few great pictures of the ocean waves that I will probably share with you. The waves were so beautiful!
|Pif, short for Purr Factory|
Although in February we didn't take any "big" trips, it was still a busy month. However, it was also a bit of a harder month because in our area two people died. One we knew, and the other my Dad did the funeral for. The other very difficult part of this month happened on the 28th. When we returned home from church and visiting friends, we found our 17-year-old cat, Pif, had died during our absence. I had known this cat my entire life. He was most certainly part of our family so his passing was really hard. I would value your prayers for us.
Other than those three painful events, February was a good month. We visited with many people and were able to spend some time with my grandparents. Even with all the activity, I managed to do my schoolwork efficiently and get more exercise than I have in awhile playing softball and horseback riding. I was also able to take some pictures and read quite a bit.
So, have you enjoyed any of the previously mentioned books? What books did you read during this month? What did you do during your February?